Position: CAD Technician
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units.
We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year. We now seek a CAD Technician to coordinate all assigned construction activities to ensure that they are performed safely, within budget, in accordance with all contract documents and consistent with the M Bar C values. Critical functions include: proper project start-up; Safety program management; Crew Leadership, Production; Budget; Jobsite Administration; and Quality Control. This key field position is critical for our on-going success and will be responsible for the following:
Scope of Position:
The basic function of the CAD Technician is to:
- Assist the Project Manager(s) with developing construction projects to ensure that all work is completed according to plans, specifications and standards.
- Develop site specific plans, shop drawings, and material orders to ensure that projects are completed according to the approved plans
- Required – Two years as a CAD Technician or similar role.
- Preferred – Five years as a CAD Technician with experience in government/DSA/military steel construction.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Must be fully conversant with construction techniques and skills related to M Bar C Construction’s scope, to ensure that projects are completed per approved plans and specifications.
- Must be able to handle several projects at one time, understanding the construction industry, and the time and financial constraints of the industry.
- Must be able to work easily with customers, suppliers and engineers.
- Must be able to work with office staff and outside personnel or suppliers, ensuring that they are each aware of the job requirements.
- Must also be sufficiently proficient with computer software to utilize drafting, material tracking, material takeoffs, word processing and/or similar spreadsheet programs for use in job or project meetings.
- Must accurately track and maintain detailed records of all material and plan statuses for the office to utilize as needed.
- Must be able to easily communicate with office staff and crews so that work proceeds easily and is well coordinated.
- He/she must be able to work within an open office environment and perform certain on site duties as required.
- Mathematical – must understand the various mathematical relationships in steel construction and material takeoffs.
- Language – ability to converse with clients, suppliers and coworkers, in English.
- Drawings – understands architectural, engineering, and construction drawings, with the ability to read details and accurately takeoff material as well as catch plan errors.
- Spatial – able to conceptualize the two-dimensional drawings as a three-dimensional object, and transmit that vision to others.
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.