Position: Field Laborer(s)
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units. We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year. We now seek a Field Laborer to perform the day to day tasks needed to complete the work on construction project sites as directed by the foremen and be performed safely and consistent with the M Bar C values. The duties and tasks for this role include the following:
- Digging foundations
- Pouring Concrete
- Installing steel post, beams, purlins, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe site.
- Travel to project job sites. Projects can be anywhere in the U.S. although mostly in Southern CA. Will work out of town on some projects, requiring overnight stays during duration of projects. Travel and subsistence pay is available for out of town project work.
- All wages and Per-diem are included based on the nature of the project
Education / Experience: High school graduate or equivalent with previous experience working in construction performing similar duties/tasks or related industry, or equivalent work experience desired. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and be insurable by M Bar C.
Qualified candidates must pass a background check and drug screening.
Travel: Must be able to travel out of town for projects. Travel and subsistence pay is typically available for these projects.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Committed to safety and possesses the ability to recognize potential hazards, thereby avoiding incidents.
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time. May also be required to walk for long periods of time while completing other duties and responsibilities.
- Must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands to finger, handle, and feel objects such as construction nuts and bolts and hand-held computer devises. The ability to bend the body, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed are also required.
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally be in uncomfortable positions
- Works primarily outdoors in a construction environment where may encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. Normal auto travel hazards will apply. Construction sites may be in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions.