Position: Project Engineer
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large-scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units. We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year.
We now seek a Project Engineer to assist the Project Manager(s) manage construction projects to ensure that work is done according to specifications and standards. Project Engineers provide project support to one or more Project Managers to ensure project designs conform to the contract documents and accurately reflect site conditions, shop drawings are created to support fabrication and material orders. This key position (Project Engineer) for our ongoing success will be responsible for the following:
- Work with Project Manager(s) in support of projects to ensure that design and shop drawings are completed according to specifications/standards
- Review plans and verify dimensions/details
- Support project cost control
- Perform material takeoffs and detailing to support placing orders
- Provide RFI support to the PM
- Review and confirm material orders
- Attend site meetings at request of Project Manager
- Provide vendor back charge information support to PM
- Attend Project Management meetings
- Responsible for the timely administration of project engineering.
- Work with vendors and suppliers as applicable to ensure that projects are properly and timely completed.
- Complete and submit all paperwork accurately and timely.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Education / Experience: High school graduate with a minimum of 2 years in a position with relevant experience (design, CAD, material take-offs). Some construction experience is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Handle several projects at one time, understanding the construction industry, and the time and financial constraints of the industry.
- Works easily and communicates effectively with owners, engineers, office staff, and crews so that work proceeds easily and is well coordinated.
- Works collaboratively in a team spirited environment with office staff and outside personnel or sub-contractors.
- Proficient with computer software printouts to utilize project management, manpower loading, word processing and/or similar spreadsheet programs for use in job or project meetings.
- Mathematical – must understand the various mathematical relationships in construction project management.
- Language – ability to converse with clients, crewmen and others, in English.
- Drawings – understands architectural, engineering and construction drawings, with the ability to explain them to crew personnel, sub-contractors and juniors. Some experience working with or familiarity with CAD.
- Spatial – able to conceptualize the two-dimensional drawings as a three-dimensional object, and transmit that vision to others.
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.