Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units. We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year. We now seek a Receptionist/ Office Administrator to answer and direct incoming phone calls, and assist with customer and vendor issues, problems, orders, and provide administrative support as may be necessary for office staff.
This key position for our on-going success will be responsible for the following:
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls according to the telephone protocols established by M Bar C
- Distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail for USPS, UPS, and FEDEX shipping and receiving
- Type interoffice correspondence
- Coordinate travel arrangements for employees
- Updates phone lists as needed
- Monitor supplies and place orders as necessary
- Place orders as directed by Accounting and Operations (i.e., shirts, etc).
- Backs up various departments with administrative tasks as necessary, including support for Project Management, Procurement, Contracts, and Payroll /Human Resources
- Perform other duties/responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Education / Experience: High school graduate or equivalent with some college coursework preferred. Possess a minimum of 2+ years experience performing similar duties as a Receptionist with administrative duties. Able to type 50+ wpm and possess intermediate computer competency with data entry, MS Office Suite applications, and composing correspondence.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Possess a pleasant telephone demeanor so that all calls are answered and directed in a professional fashion, with a critical sense of customer service responsiveness
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from vendors and customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional decorum at all times when interacting with visitors, vendors, employees, and management. Respects the confidentiality of company information and ensures that it is safeguarded.
- Displays a positive attitude and maintains a co-operative working relationship with anyone they encounter
- Performs all duties in an independent and expeditious manner with minimal supervision
- Makes optimal use of time during working hours, seeking out additional work as necessary
- Consistently displays the ability to recognize and deal with priorities
- Demonstrates good planning skills that suitably fit into M Bar C’s overall goals
- Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds with regularity
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.